Tarragon Turkey with Leeks
Author: Carrie Brown | www.carriebrown.com
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- 7 oz roast smoked turkey slices, cut into thin strips
- 4 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup 2% or full-fat Greek Yogurt (DO NOT USE fat-free!)
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Heat the coconut oil in, add the sliced leeks and saute, stirring frequently, over medium heat for 5 minutes until leeks are softened.
- Stir in the thin strips of turkey and the sliced mushrooms and continue to saute until the mushrooms and turkey are warmed through - about 3 minutes.
- Gently stir in the chopped tarragon and yogurt.
- Turn the turkey mixture into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts evenly over the top of the turkey.
- Place under a hot broiler (grill) until the pine nuts turn golden brown. Don't walk away - you'll end up with burnt nuts!
Recipe by Carrie Brown | Life in the SANE lane at http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/17673