Sweet Pepper and Tomato Frittata
Author: Carrie Brown
- 4 eggs (whatever mix of whole eggs & egg whites you care to use)
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 red or green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Turn the oven broiler on high.
- Whisk the eggs well with the water, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Heat the coconut oil and butter in a small skillet or omelet pan over a high heat.
- Add the chopped pepper and cook for 1 minute on high.
- Turn the heat to medium and pour the whisked eggs into the pan.
- Move the eggs around in the pan with a spatula for 20 seconds.
- Stir in the cut tomatoes and shake the skillet to even the egg mixture across it.
- Let the eggs cook, without stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place it under the broiler.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the eggs have completely set.
- Remove the pan from under the broiler and place back on the stove-top.
- If you are using the cheese, sprinkle it over the top of the frittata now.
- Cook the frittata for another minute on the stove-top, or until the underside is golden brown. Carefully lift one edge of the frittata with a spatula to check on the color.
- Place the frittata under the broiler until the cheese has melted and just begun to turn golden.
- Slide the frittata onto a plate leaing it unfolded.
Recipe by Carrie Brown | Living a SANE Life at http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/18855