Carrot & Celery Seed Soup
Author: Carrie Brown | www.carriebrown.com
- 3 cups / 1½ pints chicken or clear vegetable stock
- 2 lb / 900g baby carrots, or carrots cut into chunks
- Lemon pepper
- Sea salt
- ¼ tsp celery seed (Do not guess on this, celery seed is VERY strong and you could easily ruin the soup if you overdo it)
- ¼ cup / 2 fl oz. butter
- ½ cup / 4 fl oz. Greek or 2% Greek yoghurt (NON-FAT WILL NOT WORK!)
- Place chicken stock in a pan with the carrots, and cook until the carrots are just tender.
- Carefully transfer the stock and carrots to a blender. I use a ladle for the carrots and then pour the stock in.
- Add the lemon pepper, salt, celery seed and butter.
- Blend on high until completely smooth. (A Vitamix or similar will produce a silky-smooth soup, which I highly recommend.)
- Add the yoghurt and blend on low until it is incorporated.
- At this stage the soup is very thick. If you prefer a thinner soup, add another cup of chicken stock and blend just enough to mix thoroughly.
Recipe by Carrie Brown | Life in the SANE Lane at http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/20490