Spiced Cauliflower Soup
Author: Carrie Brown
- 2 cups chicken or clear vegetable stock
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream (double cream)
- ½ tsp Five Spice (do not guess, it's powerful)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put stock, cauliflower and onion in a stock pot and cook for 15 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Carefully transfer vegetables and stock to a blender.
- Add the pear and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Add salt, cream, five spice and lemon juice and blend for another minute.
- Gently reheat in the stock pot if necessary.
Recipe by Carrie Brown | Life in the SANE lane at http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/21202