Spiced Cauliflower Soup
Author: Carrie Brown | www.carriebrown.com
- 2 cups / 1 pint chicken or clear vegetable stock
- 1½ lb / 670g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 oz. / 140g onion, chopped
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ / 2 fl oz. cup heavy cream (double cream)
- ½ tsp Five Spice Powder (do not guess, it's powerful)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put stock, cauliflower and onion in a stock pot and cook for 15 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Carefully transfer vegetables and stock to a blender.
- Add the pear and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Add salt, cream, five spice and lemon juice and blend for another minute.
- Gently reheat in the stock pot if necessary.
Recipe by Carrie Brown | Life in the SANE Lane at http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/21202