Nutty Nutmeg Granola
Author: Carrie Brown
- 1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 8 TBSP whole flax seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 6 tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅔ cup sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- Mix all the nuts, seeds and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and syrup and mix well, ensuring everything is evenly coated in the oil / syrup.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet in a ½” thick layer.
- Bake at 300F in the center of the oven until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally to ensure even coloring.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight jar.
Recipe by Carrie Brown | Life in the Sane Lane at http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/21467