Apricot Cardamom Muffins
Author: Carrie Brown | www.carriebrown.com
- Coconut oil spray
- 2 oz / 55g sunflower seeds
- ½ oz / 15g chia seeds
- 4½ oz / 125g almond flour / ground almonds (NOT meal)
- 1 oz / 28g vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 oz / 55g xylitol
- 4 oz / 110g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup / 6 fl oz. cold water
- Spray 12 silicone muffin cups with coconut oil spray and place in muffin pan.
- Grind the sunflower and chia seeds in a coffee grinder until very fine. (If you use a Vitamix be very careful you do not end up with sunflower butter!)
- Tip ground seeds into a mixing bowl and add the almond flour, whey powder, cardamom, baking powder, salt, and xylitol and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chopped apricots and rub through the dry ingredients with your fingers to separate the pieces.
- Whisk the eggs and cold water in a bowl and add to the dry ingredients, mixing quickly until completely combined.
- Carefully pour or spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cups - they should be slightly under-filled.
- Place in center of oven at 300F for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes until you can handle the silicone cups.
- Turn each cup top down in one hand, and using the other hand gently squeeze the sides of the cup all the way round until the sides release and the muffin pops out. Be gentle.
- Place each muffin on a cooling rack to cool.
Recipe by Carrie Brown | Life in the Sane Lane at http://marmaladeandmileposts.com/archives/24121